Further details about the bursary scheme
The application process
In order to make the bursary scheme as accessible as possible, we have tried to make the application as simple as possible to complete. There are two parts to the application:
- i) a short application to be filled in by a member of staff at the social landlord covering basic verification, contact details and data protection,
- ii) a short ‘pitch’ from the tenant which can be provided either in writing or by video where they can tell us in their own words how the bursary could make a difference to them. (Some further pointers about what to include are detailed in the ‘Tenant Pitch’ section below.)
1) Complete the short Application Details section within the application form with help from the applying tenant; this must be completed in full. (This section will be available from 1st July 2020)
2) Request from the tenant their written or video pitch as outlined in the Tenant Pitch section within the form and attach it to the application.
3) Submit the application (the deadline for applications is the 30th September 2020).
Notification of award
Once you have submitted your form you will receive notification from the NHC that your application has been successfully received by our team. We will also verify with you that the application is from you and is authentic.
A panel comprising selected Northern Housing Consortium (NHC) Board members, NHC staff and selected bursary scheme donors or corporate sponsors will review the applications received, and you will be notified of successful or unsuccessful award of the grant. We will make payment to successful applicants shortly after.
If successful, we will ask applicants for another short video clip (which can be created using a smartphone) or report to demonstrate how they have benefitted from the bursary that we may use to help recognise the value of the bursary scheme. This will be used to promote the scheme in the future.
Applications for 2020 are now closed.