Further details about the bursary scheme
The application process
Applications should be completed by a relevant member of the landlord’s team on behalf of the tenant wishing to apply. In order to make the bursary scheme as accessible as possible, we have tried to make the application as simple as possible to complete. There are two parts to the application:
- a short application to be filled in by a member of staff at the social landlord covering basic verification, contact details and data protection,
- a short ‘pitch’ from the tenant which can be provided either in writing or by video where they can tell us in their own words how the bursary could make a difference to them. (Some further pointers about what to include are detailed in the ‘Tenant Pitch’ section below.)
1) Complete the short Application Details section within the application form with help from the applying tenant; this must be completed in full. (This section will be available from 6th April 2021)
2) Request from the tenant their written or video pitch as outlined in the Tenant Pitch section within the form and attach it to the application.
3) Submit the application (the deadline for applications is the 30th June 2021).
Notification of award
Once you have submitted your form you will receive notification from the NHC that your application has been successfully received by our team. We will also verify with you that the application is from you, as the tenant’s representative at the landlord, and is authentic.
A panel comprising selected Northern Housing Consortium (NHC) Board members, NHC staff and selected bursary scheme donors or corporate sponsors will review the applications received, and you will be notified of successful or unsuccessful award of the grant. We will make payment to successful applicants shortly after.
We love to hear how our successful applicants are getting on with their studies. This really helps us to promote the scheme more widely and gain sponsorship to be able to support even more students access training and skills development through our scheme in the future.
If successful, we will ask applicants for another short video clip (which can be created using a smartphone) or report to demonstrate how they have benefitted from the bursary that we may use in our future promotion and fundraising for the scheme.
This round of applications have now closed.